I'm getting very excited about training Legs tonight. I realize that Legs are typically the least favorite body part to train for many people, but I actually look forward to it. Maybe this is because my Legs are taking much longer than I expected for them to show the kind of results I want, so I'm always looking forward to training them hard again and again to make them respond :). No matter what your goal is you have to train each body part with the same intensity. The body likes to grow as a whole and symmetry is important for that desired look, so do not neglect legs and train them hard to make them respond. Tonight's workout will look something like this:
- Warm up on the stationary bike for 10 mins Rest between sets 1 min.
- 5 Sets of Squats x 10 reps, 2 sets feet shoulder width apart, 3 sets sumo squat.
- 4 Sets of Leg Presses x 10 reps, feet pointing forward and shoulder width apart
- 4 Sets of Walking Lunges x 12 reps each leg, 50lbs barbell across shoulders
- 4 Sets of Leg Extensions x 10 reps, last two sets drop sets
- 4 Sets of Lying Leg Curls x 10 reps
- 5 Sets of Calves raises on the Leg press Machine heavy weight until failure
- 5 Sets of Standing Calves raises heavy weight until failure
Using heavy enough weight that only allows me the desired amount of reps with good form. Remember to never comprise form for heavier weights, you must take care of yourself and avoid painful injuries. Always pay attention to your form and don't forget to breath..
If you give my routine a try, let me know how you like it. I love to hear from you all :)