These Mexican Tostadas are one of my favorite meals to make when short on time, but still want to eat a delicious comforting meal. In about 25 minutes you can prep and cook these delicious and healthy Tostadas that you and your whole family can enjoy. The Beans are a great source of protein and fiber and make these Tostadas a great meal choice for meatless Mondays, or any day of the week when you don't feel like eating meat. Please use all organic ingredients if possible. Hope you give it a try and let me know how you like it.
- Two large Sprouted grains tortillas. (Found in most health food stores such as Trader Joe's and Whole foods in the freezer section).
- 1/2 Cup of red or yellow pepper chopped
- 1/2 Cup of sweet onions chopped
- 1/2 Cup of sweet corn
- 1/2 Cup of white mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 Cup of cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 Cup of cooked black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 Of a cup of feta or sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 Of a cup of marinara sauce
- 1 Hass avocado
- Bunch of fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon of chili powder
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place tortillas in baking rack in oven for about 5 minutes to warm them up, (the tortillas will become hard).
- Remove to tortillas from oven and spread the marinara sauce evenly between both tortillas making sure to cover all surfaces of the tortillas with sauce.
- Start adding evenly to both tortillas the red peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, corn, and black beans.
- Sprinkle the tortillas with chili powder, sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the cheese.
- Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Remove tortillas from the oven, top with chopped cilantro and avocado. If you like spicy foods feel free to add hot sauce of your choice or jalapeños to the ingredients.
Serves 2 or 4 depending on your appetite.