- 1 - Cup of Oat flour (you can use gluten-free oat flour as well)
- 1 - Scoop of Vanilla Protein powder (you can use other flavors if you like)
- 1 - Teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 - Teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 - Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 - Egg white or whole egg if you prefer
- 1/2 - Banana or a whole one if you don't mind the carbs
- 1 - Tablespoon of plain low fat cottage cheese (optional)
- 1/3 - cup of unsweetened Almond milk
In a bigger bowl mix the dry ingredients together and set aside. In a smaller bowl, mash up the banana, and add the remaining wet ingredients and mix together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together. Cook mixture like you would cook regular pancakes, and use non-stick cooking spray instead of butter. This recipe makes 3 pancakes.
You can play around with the recipe and add blueberries,or strawberries along with, or instead of, the banana. Remember that the protein powder you use can change the flavor of the pancakes. I like to use a protein powder low in carbs, sugars, calories and with less ingredients.
Hope you all like my yummy protein pancakes :)