- 2 medium size Tilapia (0.70 lbs)
- 1 teaspoon of black ground pepper
- 1 lime's juice sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon of oregano powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of Paprika powder
- 2 teaspoons of low sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (or 4 fresh garlic cloves)
In a bowl coat the Tilapia with olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice and all the spices. Make sure to season both sides of the Tilapia well. Put in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes (more if preferred).
Cook the Tilapia in a George Foreman grill for approximately 4 minutes to cook. If you prefer to bake it, place the tilapia in aluminum foil and then place it in a baking pan, cook in the oven for 12-15 mins at 350 degrees. I sometimes use this same recipe with salmon and like to add 1/2 a teaspoon of dill weed.
You can serve the Tilapia with a fresh mixed green salad or 1/2 cup of brown rice :)