Hope you all enjoy this steak recipe. Feel free to use it with any type of beef you like and remember to marinate your meats, Ideally overnight so that it can absorb all the spices really well.
- 4 Eye-Round Steaks, total 2.5 Lbs
- 2 Limes' juice (or Lemon's juice)
- 6 Cloves of Garlic Crushed
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Chilli Powder
- 1.5 Tablespoons of Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Oregano Powder
In a large plastic resealable bag mix together all the spices, the extra virgin olive oil and lime juice. Add the steaks and coat them with the spices evenly. Marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, ideally you want to marinate the meat overnight. Once ready to cook, take the meat out of the fridge and let it rest for at least 10 mins before grilling. I used a George Foreman grill, and let them cook for 5 minutes for medium-rare. To accompany the Steak I sautéed green peppers, sweet onions and mushrooms, with a bit of extra virgin olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper, pinch of chilli powder and a tablespoon of low sodium soy sauce.
Thanks for giving my recipe a try, hope you enjoy it! xo