I would like to share one of my staple meals with you, my Turkey Stirfry. I like to cook this meal in bulk to have enough servings to last a few days worth of meals for weeks that I have a fully packed schedule. Hope you enjoy.
- 2 packages extra lean ground turkey
- 1.5 cups of quinoa
- 2.5 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 yellow peppers, chopped
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 medium size sweet or yellow onion, chopped
- 1 8oz package of white mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of Mrs Dash fiesta lime seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 egg whites and one whole egg
- Pinch of sea salt (I cook my meals low in sodium)
In a pan cook the eggs (scrambled) and set aside. In another pan add the chicken stock and Quinoa cover and simmer until cooked, set aside. In a third pan add the extra virgin olive oil and turkey meat, stir occasionally to brown equally. Once the meat has cooked, drain any remaining water/fat, return to stove, add the seasoning, eggs, and veggies, mix well and let it all cook for another 5-7 mins, or until veggies have fully cooked. In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked Quinoa with the Turkey and veggies, mix well and serve warm.