I love both sweet potatoes and protein pancakes. I was thrilled to learn earlier this week that Jamie Eason's, Lean Body For Her, Protein Powder contains all natural ingredients and no added artificial colors, sweeteners, fillers or chemicals, so I decided to start using it in my pancakes as well as in my daily protein shakes. (Btw, I love Jamie!) :)
Sweet potatoes are a favorite vegetable of mine and I eat them pretty often throughout the week. They are full of nutrients and fiber( which helps keep you feeling full longer) and are packed with vitamins A and C, Calcium, Potassium, and anti-oxidants. Sweet potatoes are also a low-glycemic index vegetable, which makes it a great choice of food when trying to maintain a healthy weight.
- 1/3 Cup - sweet potato
- 3 - egg whites
- 1/4 Teaspoon - Cinnamon
- 1 Scoop - Jamie Eason's, Lean Body For Her, Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Teaspoon - Coconut Oil
- Place sweet potato in a small-medium saucepan of boiling water and cook for about 15-20 mins or until tender. Once cooked, mash and put aside.
- Mix mashed sweet potato, egg whites, Lean Body For Her protein powder and cinnamon in a blender or large bowl.
- Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium-high heat and add coconut oil.
- Drop batter mixture into your preferred pancake size, cook until golden brown or until surface begins to bubble and turn once using a spatula.
I try to stay away from maple syrup due to it’s high sugar and simple carbohydrates content. If you prefer to add a little sweetness to the pancakes, I would use a bit of coconut sugar. You can also top these yummy pancakes with your favorite fresh fruits! This recipe makes 3-4 pancakes. Hope you enjoy it!
Nutritional Value (approximately) Serving size: 3-4 pancakes Calories: 350 Protein: 39g Carbs: 35g Sugars: 10g
To check out Jamie's entire line of Labrada supplement products click here.
Stay fit my friends XO