This pancake recipe is high in protein and uses blueberries and bananas, which makes it ideal to be eaten pre or post workout when your body needs the simple carbs (sugar) and protein the most. Here are the ingredients:
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1 scoop of oat flour, you might be able to use quick oats if you don't have oat flour.
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup of 1% or non-fat plain cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 egg whites
In a larger bowl mix the dry ingredients and set aside. In a smaller bowl mashed up the banana and add the remaining wet ingredients then pour mixture into the dry ingredients. Whisk together and cook pancakes using cooking spray. This recipe makes 4 pancakes.