This Portobello mushroom pizza is great for those who are craving pizza but are looking for a healthier alternative. Just replace the dough crust with a portobello mushroom, I swear you won't miss it. You can experiment and add your own favorite veggies as well as other protein sources, such as ground turkey, tofu, or chicken. Hope you give it a try!
- 4 Large Portobello mushrooms caps, (stems removed and cleaned)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1/3 Cup Cherry Tomatoes chopped
- 1/3 Cup Red Pepper chopped
- 1/3 Cup Corn
- 1/3 Cup Onion chopped
- 1/3 Cup White Mushrooms chopped
- 1/3 Cup of Fresh Basil Leaves sliced
- 8 Tofu Meatballs chopped (found in the dairy section of most health foods stores)
- 8 Tablespoons of Marina Sauce
- 4 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt, Garlic powder and Black Pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place mushrooms caps on a baking sheet stem side up and drizzle with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and black pepper, bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and evenly spread marinara sauce, meatballs, red peppers, corn, onion, white mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese, bake in oven for about 20 minutes or until cook. Remove from oven and add fresh basil leaves. Serve warm. Makes 4 servings.