I was recently in Vancouver, Canada, and while there, I had the most amazing Kale-Quinoa salad. It was so light and refreshing, and I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to recreate it and add my own twist to it.
Add any protein you like to this salad, such as grilled chicken or seared Tuna.
- 3 - Cups of Baby Kale
- 6 - Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 - Peach (cut into small chunks)
- 1 - Cooked Beet (Cut into small slices)
- 3 - Tablespoons of fresh Lemon juice
- 1 - Teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 - Teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Cup - Cooked Quinoa
- ½ - Avocado (Cut into slices)
- 1 or 2 - Tablespoons of Feta Cheese
- 1 - Tablespoon of Toasted Almonds (Sliced)
In a small bowl combine and whisk together lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil and set aside. In a large bowl combine and mix kale, cherry tomatoes, peach, and add dressing (mix well). Add Quinoa and mix into salad. Top salad with Feta cheese, toasted almonds, beets and avocado.
This salad yields 2-3 servings.