These Egg White Veggies Muffins have become one of my favorite healthy go-to food choices. Apart from being delicious, they are full of healthy veggies and protein, which will keep you feeling full and satisfied. You can eat these for breakfast, lunch or dinner; but I usually just have them as a snack. They are easy to carry and perfect for pre and post workout meals as well. Feel free to add your favorite veggies to the mix and let me know how you like the recipe.
Prep-time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
10 minutes for cooling
- 12 Large Egg Whites (3 yolks, optional)
- 1 cup of small chopped Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup small-diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup frozen corn (unthawed)
- 1/2 cup small-diced onions
- 1/4 cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a non-stick 12-cup muffin pan with extra virgin olive oil cooking spray and set pan aside.
- In a bowl add the egg whites and mix together with a whisk. Don’t have a whisk? No worries just use a fork.
- In another larger bowl add spinach, peppers, onions, corn, cheese, and toss together. Add eggs to the veggies, salt and pepper and mix all together well.
- Equally distribute the mixture amongst muffin pan cups.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, or until muffins are cooked and are lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool in pan for about 8-10 minutes before carefully removing from pan. Use a plastic spatula or table knife around the rim and remove muffins from pan. Enjoy!
I try to use organic ingredients, as they contain less pesticides and chemicals. This recipe makes 12 muffins, and each is about 100 calories.